29, May, 2013 @ 6:00pm
Volunteering at FHS
To learn more about volunteer opportunities at FHS please contact Sharon Golden, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 386-445-1814.
FHS Volunteers act as community role models. They are recognized and appreciated as a vital part of shelter operations. Our fun, rewarding Youth Ambassador Program is open to teens 14 and up who want to help with fundraising events. Training is provided for all volunteer positions. We have opportunities to suit a variety of interests, so submit your application today and help our pets by becoming a valued FHS Volunteer!
FHS Thrift Store
- Cashiering, greeting donors, back-of-the-house-help, sorting, putting merchandise on floor, hanging clothes, assisting cashier.
Animal Care Attendants
- Dog Kennels – taking dogs outside, cleaning/disinfecting kennels
- Shelter Cattery – cleaning/disinfecting cattery cages
- PetSmart Cattery – Cleaning of the cats that are housed at PetSmart
- Feral Cat Sanctuary – cleaning/feeding cats located in the sanctuary
- Data Entry/Filing – general filing; project work, statistics, etc.
- Customer Service – answer phones, assist customers, data entry, etc.
- Greeter – (Saturdays) greet & direct visitors, provide general information
- Socializing animals to improve physical/emotional health and learn about their personalities to better promote them for adoption.
- Adoption Information Assistants – adoption floor counselors that assist the public in choosing the next addition to their family
- Adoption Counselors – conduct sit down interviews with potential adopters for adoption, complete adoption paperwork, etc.
Adoption Follow up (may be done at home)
- Third Day, Third Week, and Third Month – Callbacks made to the new adopter family after the animal has been adopted.
- Wash/Dry Laundry,
- Fold Laundry
- Restock Laundry Shelves
- Shelter Grounds clean up
- Spring cleaning
- Misc. projects
- General maintenance including repairs and other handyman type jobs
- Triage Assistant – clean cages, data entry, baths, etc.
- Take dogs to PetSmart, Farmer’s Market, Pet Supermarket, and other venues for special events
- Community education
- School & shelter visits
- Adult club presentations
- Community outreach involving certified dogs (pet therapy) at Children’s Library, Senior Care Centers, etc.
At Home Administrative
- Data entry
- Events Committee – assist with organization of fundraising events
- Grant Writing – researching, identifying and applying for grants