28, Aug, 2014 @ 6:00pm
Thank you for considering our pets! FHS is here for you before, during, and after your adoption. Our staff will do their best to provide you with every available informational and support resource for both the transition phase and long-term ownership. Our goal is to place our adoptable pets in their forever homes! The adoption process is designed to ensure the best chance of a successful match, based on the owner’s lifestyle and the pet’s individual personality.
If you’re ready to begin your search, view our adoptable pets!
- Tour our shelter
- Meet with the animal(s) of your choice
- Complete an application
- Meet with our Adoption Specialist
- Provide driver’s license or other photo ID
- Renters must sign a statement of permission to own the adopted pet
- Other pets in the home must have current rabies vaccines
- Adoption fee is due at time of adoption, as well as a $5 pet license fee for City of Palm Coast residents
- The pet of your choice can be placed on hold with a complete application for a maximum of 24 hours or until the next business day. If the pet is not yet spayed/neutered, surgery is scheduled.
- Fee is paid upon adoption.
- Your personal pet may be brought to the shelter for a “meet and greet” with the shelter animal to see how they get along.
- Flagler County has a leash ordinance. All pets must be taken to your vehicle on a leash/in a carrier. Leashes, collars, and carriers are available for purchase in the retail area, with all proceeds going to help our homeless pets.
Your Adoption Includes
- Spay/neuter surgery (required for all pets before adoption is finalized)
- Microchip identification
- Heartworm test (for dogs over 6 months old)
- FeLV / FIV test (for cats)
- Wellness exam by a participating vet within 14 days
- 30 days of ShelterCare Pet Insurance – via your email
Call 386.445.181 ext. 503 for specials!