Calliope is a 2 year old domestic shorthair that’s been spayed,...
Our Board of Directors generously donate their time and talent to oversee the affairs of the Flagler Humane Society. The 2015 Board Members are:
- Amy Wade-Carotenuto – Executive Director
- Dr. Gary Shelton – President
- Maria Lavin-Sanhudo – Vice President
- Bill Smith, CPA, CFP, PFS – Treasurer
- Douglas Beaven – Secretary
- Dave Zaslavsky
- Timothy Connor, PA
- Laura Gazzoli
With your help, we shelter and nurture homeless animals while finding lifelong matches in forever homes. We coordinate regionally to create a better life for animals and we are the community resource and voice for all animals.
We do this by;
- Increasing the number of adoptions. Finding homes for kittens, cats, puppies, dogs, and the occasional rabbit, iguana, or other small animal, is the primary focus.
- Expanding the use of foster homes where animals can be placed temporarily. This helps alleviate overcrowding, and provides a safe place for animals that need more time before they are ready to go to their forever homes.
- Reaching out to adoption partners to take our animals when we need to have room for new arrivals.
The Flagler Humane Society ensures that all animals are spayed/neutered, vaccinated, and microchipped before they are adopted and each dollar we raise will ensure these services and more continue to exist:
- Providing adoptable animals who are altered and vaccinated
- Animal control services, protective custody and pet lost and found services
- Owner surrender services when caring for an animal is no longer possible
- Subsidized low cost spay/neuter certificates, vaccinations and micro-chipping
- FHS Thrift Store (224 St. Joe’s Plaza Drive, Palm Coast) raising much needed revenue for care of homeless pets
- FHS Firehouse collection boxes
- Angel Fund—To provide extra medical care to our most difficult cases
- Provide opportunities for Foster families, which helps alleviate overcrowding and plays an important role in increasing “adoptability”
Of course, all of these wonderful services place added demands on the Shelter. You can help in so many ways:
Cash or In-Kind Donations – The Shelter can always use your old laptop or computer or printer when you upgrade at home or at work. Please check out our Wish List to see any items that you could donate to us. You can easily make a one-time or recurring cash donation directly from the website. Recurring donations are particularly easy. With as little as $5 or $10 a month, you can make a big difference with little or no pain in your wallet. Check it out!
Are you a Humane Hero? The Flagler Humane Society does offer a great, life saving program called, Humane Hero Membership Program. Check it out. Without your support this important work is NOT possible!
Volunteering – Help is always needed and appreciated. You can choose to work directly with the animals, in the office, or even from home! There are so many opportunities. Learn more about volunteering and let us tell you how much your time means to the animals.
Join us and become part of this wonderful effort to save the animals.